Friday, October 12, 2007












NOW on to the wedding........ The wedding was hectic... LOL..

I stayed up late Friday night making the bonbonairres ( she had slackarse bridesmaids so i got stuck with doing something). I loved what I came up with in the end. The colours were black and red so i did Black organza with chocolates inside with a little thank you... SO cute...

MIL was makign the bridesmaid dresses, waistcoats for the boys and Hollies dress. SO saturday morning was sooooo busy... I was cruising around getting Hollies hair done, Taking some pics ( I wasnt official photographer though) dropping off table decos, trying to get Thomas organised. The wedding was at 3pm. at 1pm I had to drop Hollies dress off to another dress maker to put a zip in and a hem as MIL was too busy... She was still finishing off the bridesmaids dresses at 2:55pm.. It was chaos. LOL..

I took Hollie to the motel to get dressed with the girls and sal. It was pretty darn quick of them to only be 20 minutes late considering.. lol.. We had arm bands made up with " father of the bride" on them that were just perfect.. I also made up a candle with Ians photo on it to be lit at the ceremony then taken to the reception..

The ceremony was just beautiful. DH walked his sister down the aisle and looked sooo proud. The only time I really cried was when Sally lit the candle and said " I love you dad" This picture shows the pure emotion of that moment...

The reception was going well till HOllie, who had been gradually getting wheezier and wheezier all day, after Id given her a nebuliser in the morning, got really bad and asked me to take her to hospital. She had an asthma attack and had another 2 rounds of nebuliser at hospital, some prendisone and an injection of something to help open the airways. They said she should have stayed in but since it was such an important day we could go since we were only down the road and bring her back if it didnt improve.

So all and all it was a nice day and FILs presence was felt. I dont think we could have had a more fitting wedding. It was so sad but happy all at once. At the end of the night it was soo hard to blow that candle out, so MIL, sally and I all blew it out together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks as though you made the best out of a tragic situation. I went to a wedding in similar circumstances once - the father of the bride died 3 days before the service.

Those armbands look fantastic - and great shots of the day.

Me said...

The red/black colour scheme looks stunning. The candle pic and story made me cry, it must have been so incredibly moving for you all. Lovely pics.