Tuesday, June 27, 2006

We are home ( for a few days anway). I had egg collection yesterday, got 7 eggs. Not as many as we had hoped for with the drug increase, but better then none. My left side had bigger follicles then the right side this time. The only problem is the left side is so much harder to get to. Dr woolcott went in twice but then decided he couldnt put me through any more on that side. That is the side where we have to go to my stomach to get the eggs. Its a lot of layers of muscle. My tummy is soooo bloody sore. I can hardly walk.

Hols is doing ok. Started to drop her ventolin back a bit today. It has been 4 puffs 4 hourly but just starting to drop it back a bit. ANd she was on prendosine for 4 days and also antibiotics for her ear and chest. These are a couple of pics of her in hospital... she Looked so little in that humungus bed. She was such a good girl when they were doing her obs. Besides the screaming and carrying on with the mask and the oxygen she was pretty good all round. Her oxygen stats at one stage on Thursday were down to 87 which was less then when i took her in, but half hour later after ventolin it was back up to 97. Im so sad that she had to get this awful family disease, but I guess I should have just expected that when there is so many of us with it, on both sides.. I just hope she doesnt get it as bad as Jamies mum has it.

I missed her sooo much when we were away and we spent a lot of time cuddling today. I cried most of the way to Newcastle. The night before i sat at her bed just watching her breath. I was so exhausted. Mum and dad are exhausted from having her for the 4 days but I think they enjoyed it. Was a lot to ask of mum with all the medications as well....

bye for now.

1 comment:

Me said...

Oh the poor sweetheart! I hope they took good care of her at the hospital. What a little trooper she is.