Friday, January 19, 2007

Well yesterday was a bit of a drama... Woke up about 3:30am and felt a little gush.. Then went to toilet and had a full bladder. Wasnt quite sure what to do cause I didnt know if it was waters or wee. It didnt smell like wee though. I layed down for a bit long contemplating what to do then got up and rang the hospital ( an hour away), They said I really needed to be checked cause of the suture and asked if I could ring Local hospital and see if they could check me to see if it was ruptured membranes to save me a trip over there. Rang the hospital NO they dont have the stuff available to do it. So rang Tamworth hospital back and they told me I needed to go over...

Woke jay up and Hol up and started our drive to hospital. When we got there it was 5:30 am. The nurse checked the pad I had on and said there was a trace that read positive . She rang my OB and apparenlty he said "oh shit". LOL.. He told her to get the registrar in to do a swab and if it was positive I was going in helicopter. Midwife came back and told me what was going to happen ( basically said I was on helicopter being transferred). I was having contractions as I was hooked up to the machine and a couple of them were huge but were put down to BH in the end. Registrar came in and did swab and said there was no trace in canal but I had loads of extra mucous which was probably from the stitch. OB then turned up to check and told me I was ok to go home... SO it was all very dramatic and I was totally exhuasted.

Ob wanted me to have a scan to check growth ( this was before yesterdays scare he wrote the referral) just in case bubby needs to come earlier with this rising BP. So the only scan i could get was this morning unless I waited till end of february. So back to Tamworth we went again lastnight, and stayed with mum and dad then had to be at scan at 8am this morning. Bubby was moving around crazy and has the cutest little face, I cant wait to pic my scans up to see it. The lady asked did we know the sex and did we want to know. It was sooooooooooooooo tempting but we were strong. Bubby is only measuring 3 days smaller so thats fantastic. I need to get to at least 34 weeks to stay in Tamworth otherwise I have to go to sydney or Newcastle and I just cant do that with Hols.. Its head is sitting right on my cervix and suture so no wonder it hurts like hell..

When we were at the hospital and they had told me that I would most likely be flown out to newcastle I was talking to Hols and said mummy might have to go away and you will have to stay with Nan and pop.. She said "NOOOOOOOOOOO I want to be with you Mummy". Broke my heart in two..... Here is a pic mum took of us when we were away...

I forgot to write about my bday. It was loenly and sad and depressing. LOL... AND I fell over. I slipped on the kitchen floor and fell straight on my belly. POor dad didnt know what to do. He said he came to help me and he couldnt beleive how fast I got up off the floor. He kept saying are you ok all night.. I felt like a bit of an idiot actually. I went down pretty hard..

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Sh*t!!!! Are you OK???? Only just got home and haven't even read any blogs this week as such.... Don't scare me - take it easy and rest up - I lasted several weeks leaking fluid cause CHionia poked a hole in me.... Slow down and take care - will try and get you over the weekend ok! Your birthday pressie is sitting here wrapped up waiting to be sent - sorry been a long busy week. Whats new though Please take care Love ya!

Me said...

What a nightmare scare! I cried when I read Hollie's reaction. And belated happy birthday to you, I'm sorry it sucked.

Anonymous said...

OMG you fell on your tummy??? Gees Kays what a huge scare! Sorry to hear you had such a yuck b'day.

You've had a pretty eventful couple of days, didn't you even have a peak at the scan to see if you could see anything LOL? Glad everything's OK... take care!

Anonymous said...

HI Kaysie
just popped on here to see pics of hol
cant believe you fell on your belly!!! glad you are ok

jodi